Here are a few of the illustrations I did for a storybook I just wrote as a final project for my natural history class.
The basic story: A young varied thrush has an identity crisis and decides he doesn’t want to be a bird anymore. He tries out being many other organisms (pictured: pika, Douglas-fir, deer, slug, sea star) before realizing he’s happy with who and what he is. Cheesiness and cuteness abound! Throughout the story he goes on his first migration from the North Cascades to the lowlands near Bellingham- varied thrushes migrate altitudinally.
I’m no great artist by a long shot, but this was still quite fun to do!
- coolcatscan likes this
- isopod likes this
- toriamae likes this
- ideleteme likes this
- judgernaut likes this
- scubapiggy likes this
- maryphillipssandy likes this
- aaniaa likes this
- hipflaskadventures likes this
- bonafideloverrr likes this
- dandelionwine likes this
- incurable reblogged this from sarahonthemountain and added:
- hikergirl reblogged this from sarahonthemountain and added:
- redwoodroots likes this
- sarahonthemountain posted this